The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great
experience when dining at the restaurant. Restaurant Servers are responsible for positive guest
interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are
expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable,
important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic alcoholic beverage and cooking knowledge.
- Prepares the tables, rolling napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
- Move tables, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggest dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing dishes, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant.
- Must have some familiarity with basic alcoholic beverage knowledge and cooking skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English.
- Previous serving experience recommended.
- Server permit required.
- ServSafe Food Safety and Alcohol Training recommended.