This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or
resolving grievances, as a Restaurant Server you will be expected to work with guests and
visitors to ensure satisfaction. A Restaurant Server will have to take initiative and get creative
in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analysing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organising marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
- Planning and coordinating menus.
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organising and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a managerial role.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a hi-pace cooking environment.
- Server permit required.
- ServSafe Food Safety and Alcohol Training required.