An experienced cook who can accurately and efficiently cook meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation and perfect presentation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Prepares a variety of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables and other food items using in-house recipes for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, sauté burners, ovens, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Completes required tasks within assigned time frames.
- Tracks and reports any food waste.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Cooks only items generated from the restaurant point-of-sale system
- Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around restaurant and help with any other projects as assigned by the kitchen manager.
- If a meal is returned for any reason, correct the problem and report the return to the manager.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a hi-pace cooking environment.
- ServSafe Food Safety and Alcohol Training recommended.